Results of voting
April 23rd, 2015 – Today, Johnson & Johnson held its 127th Annual Meeting of Shareholders in New Brunswick, NJ, returning to the, where our Annual Meeting was held back in 1989. (Our Kilmer House has a nice piece about the of the Johnson & Johnson Annual Meeting.)
Here is a recap of the official business from today’s meeting, including preliminary voting results:
1) Election of Directors: All 11 Director nominees were elected to serve one-year terms on the Board of Directors with the support of over 95 percent of the votes cast. Alex Gorsky (Chairman/CEO) received the support of 96.6 percent. A of our Board members, including their biographies, can be found in the section of the website.
2) Advisory Vote to Approve Named Executive Officer Compensation: In this advisory vote, our shareholders approved the company’s executive compensation philosophy, policies and procedures and the compensation of the executive officers named in the with the support of 95.1 percent of the votes cast.
3) Ratification of Appointment of Independent Registered Public Accounting Firm: Our shareholders approved the appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP to serve as our independent auditors for fiscal 2015 with the support of 98.8 percent of the votes cast.
4) Shareholder Proposal – Common Sense Policy regarding Overextended Directors: This proposal, made by Ms. Myra Young of Elk Grove, CA, beneficial owner of 100 shares of our stock, received the support of 3.7 percent of the votes cast.
5) Shareholder Proposal – Alignment between Corporate Values and Political Contributions: This proposal, made by NorthStar Asset Management, Inc. Funded Pension Plan of Boston, MA, beneficial owner of 206 shares of our stock, received the support of 5.0 percent of the votes cast.
6) Shareholder Proposal – Independent Board Chairman: This proposal, made by Mr. Kenneth Steiner of Great Neck, NY, beneficial owner of 300 shares of our stock, received the support of 36.5 percent of the votes cast.
You might also like
Antique Print of 1860 Result Vote Royal Palace Naples Garibaldi Veterans Grand Square Italy
Mobile Application (Yapp, Inc.)